Mushroom Port Pheasant
|2 – Pheasants (Portioned Out)||2 Cups – Port Wine|
|11 oz. – Portabella Mushrooms||1/4 Cup – Butter|
|1/4 tsp. – Garlic (Minced)||1/2 tsp. – Smoked Paprika|
|1 tsp. – Salt||1 tsp. – Black Pepper|
1. Start by placing half of the butter and the minced garlic into a sauté pan. Place the pan on the stove at a medium to high heat. When the butter is melted and the pan is near smoking hot add the pheasant portions to the pan and seer them on all sides. Remove the pheasant portions from the pan and place them on a sheet pan evenly spaced out.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the mushrooms, the paprika, and the black pepper into the pan to sauté the mushrooms. When the mushrooms are half cooked add the port wine.
3. Allow the mushroom sauce to come to a boil, then turn down the heat and allow to simmer and reduce by 1/2.
4. Using half of the completed sauce pour it over the pheasant and place into the oven for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Remove the pheasant when finished. Plate and divide the remaining sauce among the plated portions and serve.
Powered by Max Banner Ads